So, you have decided you want to go travelling. What are your next steps?
Open a map, grab a globe. Or take the easy way and go to Google Maps.
Now you can start dreaming. The world is your oyster. You can go anywhere.
That is where you will encounter your first problem. There are so many places you could go.
How do you choose?
I suggest asking yourself the following questions:
- Make a list of 10 countries you want to visit. You must have a few countries in mind that you want to go.
- What are you looking for in a holiday? Do you want beaches, culture, nature, cities? You should be able to cross a few countries off your list.
- When do you want to go? Unless you like the cold, this usually cuts out half of the world due to it being Summer or Winter on one half of the planet. Check out www.besttimetogo.com to for the best weather conditions in your remaining choices.
- How long do you want to go for? An important question. Big countries like Australia, Brazil or China cannot be seen in just a few weeks.
- Budget. How much are you able to spend on your holiday? Sure, we would all love to fly to the other side of the world, but most of us can’t afford it. This does not mean the furthest destination is automatically disqualified. The flight may be more expensive, but your spending’s will be less while you are there.
Hopefully now you will have just 1 or 2 countries left on your list and you can make your final choice.
Your next step will be to book a flight. Read my blog on how to find the best travel deals.
Now there is just one thing left to do: start packing!
Which may lead to new questions……..What to pack?